• Chair of the Ballymun Job Centre
• Chair of the Sandyhill Area Residents Association.
• Full time organiser with SIPTU trade union.
• Huge experience in representing working people.
Active on many local campaigns:
• Metro North - improved public transport- better bus service.
• Anti War Movement – Spoke at many rallies organised to oppose the War in
Iraq and to defend the Palestinian people.
• Improved facilities – Campaign to retain the Ballymun Leisure Centre in public ownership.
• Successful in getting an improved service for the public when the leisure centre was taken in charge by Dublin City Council.
• Campaign that closed Dunsink Dump
These are the Issues on which John Dunne will focus:
• Local Development.
• Anti-social Behaviour.
• Condition of the local environment.
John Dunne is one of two Workers' Party candidates contesting the Ballymun / Finglas ward in the local elections on June 5th. John's running mate is Owen Martin.